Your home is your most important investment. As a result, it is always critical to ensure that the environment is safe and comfortable for you and your family. Ninety-four percent (94%) of all respiratory ailments are caused by polluted air, according to the American Medical Association, which also reported that one-third of our national health bill is for causes directly attributed to indoor air pollution.
Our certified mold inspectors will conduct a site assessment to look for areas of potential moisture that may be conducive to mold growth. They will check for moisture using the latest infrared and moisture detection equipment.
Air sampling consists of taking air samples of the affected structure. Three air samples are included with each inspection. One air sample is taken outside the structure and is the "base" reading. Two more air samples are then taken inside.
*If additional air samples are needed, a fee per additional sample applies.
If visible apparent mold is observed, surface sampling may need to be taken to confirm the presence and type of mold. This is done by either a swab, as in the picture or a tape lift.
*A fee per additional sample applies.
After all of the samples are gathered, they are shipped or delivered to one of several approved labs for analysis under a microscope.
Our site assessment report is emailed to you within a couple of days, along with a comprehensive laboratory report detailing the results of the lab analysis.
Molds are ubiquitous, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. However, when mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.
Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. Some studies claim that exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily home exposure, may be particularly harmful. Research on the health impacts of mold has not been conclusive. The term “toxic mold” refers to molds that produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum, and not to all molds in general.
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in moist environments and can be found both indoors and outdoors. It typically appears as a fuzzy, discolored patch on surfaces such as walls, ceilings, carpets, and food.
While many types of molds are harmless and even beneficial to the environment (such as those used in cheese-making), certain molds can be harmful to human health, especially if they are inhaled or ingested. These dangerous molds can produce mycotoxins, toxic substances that can cause various health problems.
Some of the most common harmful molds include:
Ask for Code "SCOPE50"
*Must be done at the time of order